Monday, December 11, 2006

The Benefits Of Living In Apartments

Many people are surprised to learn that I, as a woman in her mid-fourties, am still choosing to live in apartments rather than buying my own home. I guess I understand the surprise since I am in fact a realtor. I have felt compelled to share many benefits to living in apartments.

I started living in apartments during my last few years of college and I have been living in apartment situations ever since. I guess I fell in love with apartments and I have had a hard time moving on. Call me crazy, but I love living in an apartment building and having neighbors all around me. I love knowing that there are people above, below and on the sides of me. I love knowing that I am surrounded by a community of people. Their is such a diversity in the people that live in my apartment building and I love this. It is, perhaps, the biggest reason that I cannot get enough of this kind of living. I have met people from all around the world just by going upstairs or downstairs in my apartment building and I have had the opportunity to build the best friendships of my life because of where I've lived.

My life is busy. Being a realtor in a large and busy city means that I have little time to relax and enjoy life outside of work. I know that many, many professionals know what I'm talking about. So another great thing about living in apartments is that it is such a low-maintenance place to live. I, for one, do not have enough time in my weeks to take care of the immense amount of upkeep that living in a home requires. So apartments are perfect for me because there is little to no maintenance to be handled in this kind of living. So if you're a busy professional or family that wants to spend life on things other than doing maintenance to a yard, then you should really consider living in apartments.

Another great benefit of living in apartments is that you have the freedom to get up and move at any time. So if you need a place to live for a few months or for just a few years, then you should consider apartment living over buying a house. The last thing you want is to be tied down to a home that you own when you are a person on the move. So consider apartments if you plan to be mobile in the months and years to come.